We share the health benefits and medicinal properties of these five super root vegetables.
Turmeric: Curcumin is the rich compound found in turmeric that gives it the bright yellow color and has many other properties beneficial to health.
- Delays the occurence and progression of diabetes
- Helps to protect and fight against cancer
- Has anti-inflammatory properties for management of joint pain and arthritis
- Protects the brain from neurodegenerative diseases such as stroke and Alzheimeres’
Ginger: The phenolic compounds found in ginger has many health benefits.
- Helps to relieve gastrointestinal issues and promotes healthy digestion in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract
- Reduces inflammation and can be used to treat inflammatory disease conditions
- Decreases risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality
- Improves hair growth and skin complexion
- Increases overall energy and stamina
Beetroot: The phytonutrients that beets are packed with gives it the bright crimson red color and has numerous benefits for overall health.
- Lowers blood pressure within hours of drinking beet juice
- Boosts stamina and increases energy level
- Beets have anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties. Beets contain betaine, a nutrient that helps protect cells and enzymes from oxidative stress and help fight against inflammation
- Has anti-cancer properties. The phytonutrients found in beets help fight against cancer
Sweet Potato: They are packed with carotenoids which give them their bright orange color and makes them one of the super root vegetables.
- Sweet potatoes have natural sugars which are released into the bloodstream slowly and this prevents the occurrence of blood sugar spikes.
- They contain the compound magnesium which has anti-stress and relaxing effects.
- Sweet potatoes are high in carotenoids that have anti-oxidative properties and help to fight against cancer as well as delay the progression of aging.
- They are a valuable source of iron which helps to support a healthy immune system.
Garlic: The health benefits of garlic have been well known for centuries. It is packed with the compound Allicin which gives it many medicinal properties.
- Raw garlic consumption on a regular basis will lower bad cholesterol levels . It has been found to be a super food for centuries in preventing the development of heart disease and in regulating blood pressure.
- It also has anti-bacterial properties. Diluted garlic extract can be used to treat bacterial infections.
- Daily consumption of garlic prevents against stomach and colorectal cancers. It helps to boost the resistance of cells against cancer.
- Loss of collagen can lead to reduced elasticity in aging skin. The anti-oxidative properties of garlic protect skin against free radical damage and decelerate the loss of collagen.